ISUMADECIP Research Centers
RCDM is certified by the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests as environmental assessor and main auditor. It operates within the Research Institute for Sustainability and Disaster Management based on High Performance Computing (ISUMADECIP) within the “Babe?-Bolyai” University.
The main activities of the Decision Theater for Disaster Management are focused on training , information and communication related to disaster management.
The main research activities of the center are: process performance analysis, data traffic optimization, analysis of cluster administration platform, automatic processor cluster management, task planning and optimization of the computing power of the High Performance Computing system within our Institute.
The main research activities of the center are: Mathematic modeling using various software, Modeling of complex applications with implications in disaster management, Numerical and statistical simulations, model optimization, predictive studies and prognoses, Analysis and development of domain specific language etc.
- ISUMADECIP provides the framework for interdisciplinary research, setting the basis for addressing challenges induced by the complex disaster management process.
- The Institute operates as a research unit dealing with topics like causes and consequences of various types of disasters, short-, medium- and long-term effects on the population, economy and environment and appropriate management strategies.
- Natural and technological Disaster Management
- Modeling, optimization and simulation of environmental processes
- High Performance Computing
- Remote sensing and climate change research
- Risk and Disaster Communication