SaTellite pRoducts vAlidaTion USing ground based lidar stations
The main goal of the project is to offer the means to validate and calibrate satellite observations by offering a wide range of ground based unbiased atmospheric products over extended time scales and monitor the stability of satellite products over the envisaged locations. Calibration-validation (CAL-VAL) activities are provisioned for the future ESA Earth Observation missions (Sentinel 5, 5P, ADM-AEOLUS).
Duration of the project:
- Romanian Space Agency – STAR Programme – Earth Observation
- INOE 2000 – N. I. of R&D for Optoelectronics, Magurele, Romania (CO)
- Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania (P1)
- Satellite and their products description;
- Ground based lidar stations and associated products description;
- Data-base containing correlative measurements;
- Evolution and stability in time of satellites products.